Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Singama Xhosa

"We are Xhosa" is what Singama Xhosa means...and pretty soon I will be Xhosa (or in theory!)

So much has happened since I landed here 4ish weeks ago and I have a ton I could say! I wrote out a blog on my computer and forgot to save it to my flash drive so I'll have to save the details for later because internet minutes are expensive but I have been learning Xhosa which means I should be placed in the Province of the Eastern Cape (whoo hoo that's where Nelson Mandela is from! : ))

I wish I could say more but just know I'm safe and sound right now with a family in the village of Maroteng in the Province of Limpopo for only several more weeks! I'll give you lots of details later!

Sala kakuhle! (Stay well).

2 comments:

  1. good news. thanks. expect mail. we're doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xhosa may refer to:
    -The Xhosa people, people are speakers of Bantu languages living in south-east South AfricaThe Xhosa language
    -one of the official languages of South AfricaXhosa Wars
    -a series of nine wars between the Xhosa people and European settlers from 1779 to 1879

    now i know haha 1 down and several to go

    -Don

    ReplyDelete